So whether you’re already living and loving the vegan lifestyle, want to make the transition to it, or just want to try cutting down on your meat consumption, this weekly vegan meal plan will arm you with some delicious healthy vegan meal ideas that’ll get your taste buds tingling, and be kind to the planet in the process.
Got tons of questions surrounding veganism? Check out our article The Most Common Questions About Being Vegan to get all the answers you’re seeking.
The benefits of meal planning and prepping for a vegan diet
For die hard meat eaters, it can seem daunting to ditch their usual diet to take on one that’s plant based.
One of the things that can make the transition to a vegan diet ten times easier, is by creating a meal plan, and where you can, finding time for meal prep.
Vegan meal plans and prep can make a huge difference to your dietary goals and help you to stay on track.
They save you time and help you stay on track
Planning ahead means no last minute trips to the supermarket. It also means that when you’re grocery shopping, there’s no time spent aimlessly traipsing around the aisles attempting to come up with vegan recipes on the spot. You’ll be armed with a fool-proof vegan shopping list that you can also re-use for your future meal plans!
They save you money and reduce food waste
Meal planning means you can be super organised for your weekly food shop, allowing you to go in and get only exactly what you need for the week ahead, helping you to keep your shopping list shorter, costs lower, and to eliminate unnecessary food waste.
They help with portion control and healthy eating
Prepping food in advance helps you to manage your portions better, and allows you to make sure you’re getting the perfect amount of protein, carbs, fruits, and vegetables in every meal. If wanted, it is also a great way of easily keeping track of calories and macros.
It’s also ideal when it comes to a vegan diet, or any other for that matter, as you can make sure you’re receiving all the necessary vitamins and nutrients for a balanced healthy diet.
For more information about getting started on your vegan journey, check out our article Going Vegan For Beginners. It’s packed with our very best tips, tricks and tell-alls.
Five Day Vegan Meal Plan
Spoiler alert, you’ll see a lot of Gosh! products featured in this five day vegan meal plan. You could argue we’re biased, but we’re just really proud of the products we produce, and think they’re all not only delicious, but also nutritious and incredibly kind to the planet, making them perfect products to feature in a vegan meal plan. Check out this page to learn more about Gosh! and our glorious goals.
Let’s get started with the ultimate easy vegan weekly meal plan, which covers breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas for your entire working week.
Avocado Protein Smoothie
Starting off with a bang, well actually more like a whir, smoothies make the perfect vegan breakfast for when you’re on the go. Just blend everything together and your breakfast is served!
Servings – 2 Smoothies
- 1/2 Avocado – Not only does it give the smoothie an incredible velvet smooth texture, it also provides the perfect source of healthy fats.
- 1 large frozen banana – Makes the smoothie lovely and sweet.
- 1 large handful of spinach – low in calories but packed with nutrients such as iron, protein and fibre.
- 250ml milk alternative of your choice – our favourite is oat!
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
Top Tip: Adding a vegan protein powder to your cupboard is a great way of ensuring you can add protein to your vegan meals in an incredibly easy and efficient way. Many also have added B12 along with other amazing nutrients.
Moroccan Spiced Falafel Wraps
Servings – 4 wraps
- 1 packet of Gosh! Moroccan Spiced Falafel– Our Moroccan Spiced Falafel is gluten free and high in fibre so perfect for fuelling your body for the day.
- 4 tablespoons hummus – personalise this meal by using your favourite flavoured hummus!
- 4 wraps – use wholemeal for added fibre and as a complex carb source.
- Vegetables of choice – we think peppers, courgette and avocado go perfectly in these wraps.
Check out our Gosh! Moroccan Falafel Pizza recipe for another delicious way to use our Moroccan Spiced Falafels.
Servings – 4 fajitas
- 1 packet Gosh! Sweetcorn and Quinoa Bites – These bites are an incredible source of fibre, plus they’re gluten free and contain zero added sugar.
- 2 peppers – They add colour and flavour.
- 1 onion – Onions aren’t only great for taste, they’re also high in antioxidants, and are anti-inflammatory!
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon paprika and 1 teaspoon cumin – the perfect trio for a super tasty seasoning.
- 1 avocado – source of vitamins C, E, K, and B6.
- 4 wraps
Banana Protein Pancakes
Servings – 6 pancakes
- 1 large ripe banana – great way of making use of any over ripe bananas you’ve got lying around.
- 1 tablespoon Caster sugar – adds sweetness.
- 60g self raising flour – makes the pancake fantastically fluffy.
- 75ml oat milk – you can swap this out for whatever your favourite milk alternative is.
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder – packs the pancakes full of protein.
Top Tip: Add a generous spoonful of peanut butter on top for an extra tasty meal.
Beetroot Falafel and Fig Salad
Servings – 1 salad
- 1/2 packet Gosh! Beetroot Falafel – beautifully vibrant, low in saturated fat and gluten free.
- 2 figs – adding figs provides a natural and fresh sweetness to the salad.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze – gives the salad a tangy and sweet flavor kick.
- Vegetables of your choice – we think tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and avocado are perfect additions to this dish.
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
Top Tip: Sprinkle some nuts and seeds on top of the salad as a super nutritious, and good-looking garnish.
Another fantastic lunch idea that uses our Beetroot Falafels is these veggie packed lunch box fajitas– these use lots of the same ingredients as Day 1’s fajita dinner so it’s a great recipe for using up any leftovers!
Vegan Bangers and Mash
Servings – 2 portions
- 1 packet Gosh! Veggie Sausages
- 450g potatoes – we like to use russet potatoes to make the smoothest, fluffiest mash.
- 25g vegan spread – add to the mash to make it super creamy.
- 300 ml vegan friendly gravy – because you cant have bangers and mash without the gravy.
- 150g peas – we still mix these into the mash just like we did when we were kids!
If bangers and mash aren’t for you, check out how we used our Veggie Sausages in this flavour packed roasted Mediterranean vegetable salad that’s perfect for both dinners and lunches!
Vegan Baked Oats
Servings – 1 portion
Blend all of these ingredients together and pour into ramekins ready to be baked to perfection!
- 65g rolled oats – one of the healthiest grains you can eat, they’re free from gluten and high in fibre, antioxidants, and have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- 1/2 ripe banana – provides flavour and helps toward a light, fluffy texture.
- 60 ml milk alternative of your choice – for beautiful blending of ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter – adds flavour, a healthy fat and protein.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup – gives a beautiful well-rounded sweetness.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder – guarantees a gorgeous fluffiness.
Butternut Squash Soup
Servings – 4 portions
- 1 butternut squash – loaded will all-important nutrients your body will love.
- 2 onions and 2 garlic cloves – for deep, warming flavour.
- 850 ml vegetable stock – Paired with the naturally smooth butternut squash, this gives the soup its creamy consistency.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – adds depth and richness.
(Leftover) Butternut Squash Linguine
Servings – 2 portions
- Leftover butternut squash soup – a delicious way to make use of your lunch leftovers.
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast – contains nine essential amino acids as well as vitamin b12 and adds a cheese like flavour.
- 40g cashews – A go-to ingredient for making vegan dishes nice and creamy, they also add a healthy fat to the meal.
- 120 g egg-free pasta of your choice – We love using wholemeal as it’s packed full of nutrients such as complex carbs, iron, fibre, protein, zinc and magnesium.
Servings – 12 cookies
- 85g rolled oats – makes for a beautifully soft oat-ey cookie.
- 1 flax egg – make these by simply adding ground 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water per flax egg.
- 30g oat flour – you can make this by blending rolled oats.
- 30g almond flour – you can make this by blending raw almonds.
- 30g crunchy or smooth peanut butter – helps bind ingredients together and adds healthy fat.
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda – ensures the cookies rise.
Sesame tofu quinoa bowl
Servings – 2 portions
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu – holds its shape better than other tofu types and is the best for achieving a crispy texture.
- 100g quinoa – high in fibre and also contains vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and vitamin B6.
- 50ml soy sauce, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1 tablespoon maple syrup – these make a sweet and tangy marinade for wonderfully sticky tofu.
- 1 avocado – adds a healthy fat as well as a creamy texture.
- 1 shredded carrot – adds crunch as well as vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants.
Saag Aloo Curry with Brown Rice
Servings – 2 portions
- 1 packet Gosh! Saag Aloo Bites – these are a delicious blend of peas, spinach, chickpeas and an array of aromatic Asian inspired spices.
- 210g of your favorite curry paste- we’re particularly partial to tikka masala.
- 180g brown rice – brown rice has higher health and nutritional value than white rice.
Another of our favourite ways to cook up our Saag Aloo Bites is to make and serve them with Bombay potatoes, check out our recipe here!
Servings – 6 muffins
- 70g shredded courgette – a great way to sneak both protein and vegetables into your breakfast.
- 60g oat and 60g almond flour – make extra the day before and simply use the leftovers for this meal!
- 1 flax egg – acts as a binder and provides fibre and omega 3.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder – to give you full and fluffy muffins.
- 60 ml olive oil – creates an amazingly moist texture.
- 100g caster sugar – provides sugary sweetness.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract – gives the muffins a beautifully spiced, warm flavour.
Falafel and Hummus Pasta Salad
Servings – 2 portions
- 1/2 packet Gosh! Original Falafel – our falafels are baked, not fried, meaning they’re low in saturated fat. They’re also a fantastic source of protein and fibre!
- 130g hummus – using hummus as a dressing means you get a gloriously creamy sauce without the use of any dairy products.
- 120g whole grain pasta – pasta-based lunches are super easy to prep the night before so you can save on time and stress.
- Baby spinach, tomatoes and cucumber – packs the meal with nutritious veggies.
Servings – 2 portions
Serve these with homemade sweet potato fries and guacamole and they’ll quickly become a family favourite.
- 1 packet Gosh! Mexican Style Burgers – Not only are these high in protein and free from any nasties, but one portion is also one of your five a day!
- 2 vegan burger buns – You can also skip the bun altogether and go naked for a lower carb option.
For your next family burger night, take a look at our brilliant Moroccan spiced cauliflower burger recipe.
So there you have it! The perfect meal plan packed with fabulous meal ideas for anyone following a vegan diet.
Why not check out our Easy Gosh! Recipes guide over on our Instagram so you can save and share all the creative ways you can use Gosh! everyday.
And don’t forget to download our free #GoshGoodnessBowls recipe eBook for tons of exciting meal ideas that are all packed full of flavour and healthy nutrients. You’d be silly not to!