BBQ Falafel with Summer Vegetables
Roasted fennel, aubergine, courgette and roasted pepper salad with apricot falafel and tahini dressing
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red chilli (use half)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 fennel head
- 1 lemon
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 spring onion
- ½ roasted yellow pepper
- 20g rocket
- 2 tsp tahini (Sesame)
- 80g almond yoghurt (use half) (Nuts)
- 1 courgette
- 100g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 220C / fan 200C / gas mark 7. Quarter the aubergine, then slice into 3cm wide wedges. Slice the courgette into 2cm thick half-moons. Trim, then slice the fennel into 6 wedges. Place the vegetables on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tsp oil and season with the cumin seeds, sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 15-20 mins until soft and golden.
- Add the half pack of falafel to the baking tray 5 mins before the end of cooking to heat through.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the roasted pepper. Thinly slice the spring onion. Thinly slice the half chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Zest and quarter the lemon. Remove the mint leaves from their stalks and roughly chop.
- In the meantime, put the tahini in a small bowl, and add 2 tsp water to loosen. Mix in the half pack of almond yoghurt and a pinch of lemon zest. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Finally, put the roasted vegetables into a large bowl and toss with the mint, spring onion, sliced chilli (to taste), yellow pepper and the rocket. Drizzle over 1/2 tsp oil and small squeeze of lemon juice. Serve onto a plate with the falafel placed on top. Spoon over the tahini yoghurt and garnish with a leftover lemon wedge.