Serves 3-4 people
1 onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
1 carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 celery stalk, cut into small pieces
1/2 a tin of tomatoes or tomato passata
1 tin of cannellini beans
Salt and pepper to season
A glug of olive oil
1 pack of Gosh! Smokey Sweet Potato Sausages
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pan. Add in the finely chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook on a low heat with the lid on for 8 to10 minutes until the onion start to caramelise and the carrots and celery start to go soft.
- To the pan, add in the crushed garlic cloves and bay leaves. Cook for another 5 minutes, make sure to stir from time to time to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add them to the pan together with the tinned tomatoes. Still with the lid on cook the cassoulet for another 20 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the cassoulet is ready, place the Gosh! sausages in the oven and bake them until cooked.
- Serve the cassoulet straight away and top each bowl with 2 or more of the smoky sweet potato sausages.