Courgette and Butternut curry, with Gosh! Sweet Potato Pakora bites
Cook up for a Friday night ‘fake away’ or cook ahead for easy meal prep!
- 1 courgette, cut into medium chunks
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cut into small/medium cubes
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 30g bunch of fresh coriander and stalks – leaves picked, and stalks finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp brown sugar (or to taste)
- Rapeseed/ sunflower / coconut oil
- 2 packets of Gosh! sweet potato pakora bites
- Rice, naan bread, yoghurt raita, chopped toasted nuts, coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan and line a large baking tray with baking parchment
- Add your chopped and prepped courgette to one half of the tray and the butternut squash to the other and drizzle over a little oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over about 1 tsp of garam masala and use your hands to rub it all together
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until soft and charred at the edges slightly
- While the veg is roasting, start making the sauce. Heat about 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat then add the sliced spring onions, fresh ginger and garlic. Let it sizzle for about 5 minutes before adding the coriander stalks, mustard seeds and spices. Cook until the aromas of the spices begin to release, then add your tinned tomatoes and coconut milk and give it a good stir
- Place the lid on your saucepan, bring to the boil and leave to simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes, while you wait for the veg to finish cooking. Stir in the lemon juice and a little sugar to the sauce
- Once the veg is cooked, add them to the sauce along with your sweet potato pakora bites and heat through. At this point you can taste the curry and season to your desired preference – you can always add more lemon juice and sugar depending on how you like it!
- Serve with your chosen toppings and enjoy. This will keep well in the fridge for a few days, so why not make ahead for a super quick and easy ‘fake-away’ style night!
For more information, please contact Louise Jackson Rogers at Finn on email@example.com
Find an array of delicious Gosh! recipes available here.
Find the Gosh! range here, including: Spinach & Pine Nuts Bites, Moroccan Spiced Falafel, Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites, Sweet Potato Pakora, Mediterranean Falafel, Beetroot Falafel, Veggie Cocktail Sausages, Beetroot Burgers and Veggie Sausages.
Gosh! make vegan and free-from bites, burgers and sausages.
Plant-based and made with 100% natural ingredients (no nasties or alternatives) Gosh! products are healthy, nutritious and ready to eat in minutes.
With no nasties, fakeries or additives, all Gosh! products are free from the top 14 allergens and the whole range is accredited by Vegetarian Society, Vegan Society, Coeliac Society, Kosher Accreditation: KLBD (Kosher London Beth Din) & SKA (Sephardi Kashrut Authority).