Falafels with Green Quinoa Salad & Garlic Yoghurt
A fresh delicate salad that packs a punch. Serve piping hot Moroccan falafels, grilled on the barbecue or simply reheated in the oven, with a swoop of garlicky yoghurt. On the side – is a bright green quinoa salad filled with goodness from peas, sugar snaps, radishes and more.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 20g whole almonds (Nuts)
- 1 handful of fresh dill
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 25g pea shoots
- 80g quinoa
- 1 shallot
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 80g almond yoghurt (Nuts)
- 150g peas
- 200g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- 6 radish
- Heat a saucepan filled with salted boiling water on high heat. Add the quinoa and boil for 13-14 mins, until cooked. Halve the sugar snaps widthways. Add the peas and sugar snaps in the final minute of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool, then return to the saucepan and set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan with 2 tsp oil on medium heat (or fire up the barbecue). Add the falafels and cook for 8-10 mins, turning regularly, until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the shallot. Thinly slice the radishes into half-moons. Finely chop the dill. Zest and quarter the lemon.
- Make the garlic yoghurt. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Add to a small bowl and combine with the yoghurt and juice from 1 lemon wedge.
- Roughly chop the almonds. Stir the shallot, radish, dill, zest, half the almonds and the pea shoots through the cooked quinoa. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, spread the garlic yoghurt onto plates and top with the quinoa salad and falafels. Garnish with remaining almonds and lemon wedges.