< Back to recipes
Falafels with Tomato Courgetti & Broccoli
Our ready-to-eat falafels make mealtimes a breeze. Pair them here with courgetti, a homemade spiced tomato sauce and healthy tenderstem broccoli. Sprinkle with walnuts to finish.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 450g courgette
- 3 garlic clove
- 23g Moroccan paste
- 1 brown onion
- 400g passata
- 2 tbsp Belazu sundried tomato paste
- 240g tenderstem broccoli
- 40g walnuts (Nuts)
- 400g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 220C / fan 200C / gas mark 7. Finely dice the onion. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Peel the courgettes into ribbons, then slice the ribbons into long, thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Heat a medium frying pan with 2 tsp oil on medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 5 mins, then add the passata, sundried tomato paste and Moroccan paste. Simmer for 8-10 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper. For the final 2 mins, stir in the courgetti to soften.
- Meanwhile, place the falafels on a lined baking tray and bake for 5-7 mins, until piping hot. Boil a kettle. Heat a medium saucepan filled with salted boiling water on high heat. Add the broccoli and boil for 3-4 mins, until cooked, then drain. Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Serve the courgetti and sauce topped with the falafel. Enjoy the tenderstem on the side. Sprinkle over the walnuts.