Fennel, Carrot & Falafel Traybake
Hands up if you love an easy traybake! This one stars fluffy Moroccan-spiced falafels, sweet butternut squash and fragrant fennel. Mix through the lemon zest and orange segments, then serve with garlicky yoghurt.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 40g flaked almonds (Nuts)
- 400g butternut squash
- 200g chantenay carrots
- 2 x fennel head
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 2 red onion
- 1 orange
- 80g rocket
- 160g almond yoghurt (Nuts)
- 400g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 240C / fan 220C / gas mark 9. Peel the squash and cut into 3cm-thick slices, discarding the seeds. Halve the carrots lengthways. Trim the fennel, then slice it and the onions into 6 wedges each. Transfer onto a lined baking tray with the garlic (skin on). Toss with 2 tsp oil and season generously with sea salt. Roast for 20 mins, until softened.
- After 20 mins, lower the heat to 200C / fan 180C / gas mark 6. Add the falafel to the tray and sprinkle over the almonds. Roast for a further 5-10 mins, until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, with a small knife, peel and remove all pith from the orange and carefully cut out the segments. Squeeze the remaining juice from the membrane into a small bowl. Zest and quarter the lemon. Pick the mint leaves from their stalks.
- Remove the garlic from the tray and squeeze out the flesh. Finely chop and mash the garlic into a paste then place into a small bowl. Mix in the yoghurt, juice from 1 lemon wedge, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Once cooked, stir the zest, orange segments and juice, rocket and mint through the veg. Serve onto plates and drizzle with the garlic yoghurt. Garnish with the remaining lemon wedges.