Serves 2-3 people
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 white onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 can of chopped tomatoes or passata
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pack of Gosh! Goan Cauliflower Bites
Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Once hot add in all the spices, the finely chopped onion and the grated ginger. Cook for a few minutes and keep stirring to prevent from burning.
- Then add in the crushed garlic to the mixture, add a splash of water if needed.
- Add to the pan the tinned tomatoes, chickpeas and tomato puree. Put the lid on and cook on a medium to low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Part way through cooking the chana masala, place the Gosh! bites onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in some chopped fresh coriander to the chana masala. Serve up with the Gosh! bites placed on top.