These fajitas are perfect for lunch boxes and are really fun to make – so get the kids involved and get them to choose their favourite veggie fillings! Depending on the age of your child (and hunger!) you may want to make one or two fajitas. This works well as a quick and easy dinner too and the kids love to assemble their own fajitas around the table. I have included my simple sesame-free hummus recipe, as most schools don’t allow sesame or nuts due to allergies.
Fajita ingredients (makes two):
- 1 packet of Gosh! Beetroot falafel
- 2 small tortilla wraps
- 1 head of little gem lettuce shredded (any lettuce will do)
- ½ red pepper sliced
- ½ avocado sliced
- 6 cucumber slices
- Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Sesame-free hummus ingredients (school friendly):
- 1x can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100ml of water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Start by preparing the hummus. Simply blend all the ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if need be. It will keep for one week in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For the fajitas, simply load each tortilla wrap with lettuce, peppers, avocado and cucumber (plus cheese if using).
- Dollop a generous spoonful of hummus on top.
- Finish by placing three Gosh! Beetroot Falafels in each wrap.
- Pop it in your lunch box – can be eaten with a fork or hands!