Moroccan Falafel Mezze Platter
Save the travel fees – we’re bringing the flavours of Morocco straight to your plate. Spiced falafels roasted till piping hot. A selection of a creamy beetroot salad, zingy cucumber ribbons and tangy tomatoes. Finish with a scatter of fresh-cut mint to complete this feast.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 apple
- 250g pre-cooked beetroot
- 1 cucumber
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 lime
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 110g baby plum tomatoes
- 10g walnuts (Nuts)
- 80g almond yoghurt (Nuts)
- 200g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 220C / fan 200C / gas mark 7. Place the falafel on a lined baking tray and bake for 7 mins, until piping hot.
- Halve the tomatoes. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Add both to a bowl with the molasses and a pinch of sea salt. Halve the lime.
- Peel the cucumber into ribbons. Slice the apple into thin batons. Add both to a bowl with the vinegar, 1 tsp oil and juice from half the lime.
- Grate the beetroot. Pick the mint from their stalks and roughly chop. Add the beetroot to a bowl with the yoghurt, walnuts, remaining lime juice, half the mint and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Spoon the salads onto a plate with the warm falafel alongside. Sprinkle over the remaining mint.