Moroccan Falafel & Smoky Bean Risotto
Mindful Chef have created this super easy and plant-based risotto with a Moroccan twist! Delicious butter beans, tomatoes and paprika paired with Gosh! Moroccan Spiced Falafel with a dash of freshly cut parsley makes for a warming mid-week meal.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar (Sulphites)
- 240g butter beans (drained)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 red pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube (Celery)
- 40g brown rice
- 200g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 200C / fan 180C / gas mark 6. Boil a kettle. Rinse the rice, then place in a saucepan with 400ml lightly salted boiling water. Simmer for 25-30 mins, until cooked, then drain. Dissolve the stock cube in a jug with 50ml boiling water.
- Finely chop the onion. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Deseed the peppers and dice into small cubes. Heat a medium frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onion, garlic and paprika. Cook for 5 mins, until beginning to soften, then add the tomatoes, vinegar and stock; simmer for 10 mins.
- Place the falafel on a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins, until crisp and heated through.
- Roughly chop the parsley; add half the parsley to the sauce. Drain the beans, rinse, then add too. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the rice is drained, add to the sauce. Simmer all together for 1-2 mins, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the risotto topped with the falafel. Garnish with the remaining parsley.