Serves 2-3 people
1 pack of Gosh! Saag Aloo bites
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves
4-5 white potatoes
1 tsp of mustard seeds
1 tsp of coriander seeds
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes or passata
2 tbsp of oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Some fresh chopped coriander
A handful of baby spinach (optional)
- Peel and chop the potatoes in to bite size pieces. Add them to a roasting tray and drizzle them with some oil until they are all well coated. Roast the potatoes in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add 1 tbsp of oil to a large pan, along with the mustard seeds and the coriander seeds. Cook for few minutes until they start to “pop”. Then add in the finely sliced onion and cook for around 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften and caramalise.
- Add in the crushed garlic cloves as well as the turmeric and cumin powder. Mix everything together and cook for another minute on a low heat with the lid on.
- 10 minutes before the potatoes are ready, pop the Gosh! bites in the oven on a baking tray.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add them to the pan with the onion and spices.
- Add to them the tinned tomatoes and mix everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste before cooking for another few minutes.
- If you are using the baby spinach just stir it in and then switch off the heat.
- Serve the Bombay potatoes topped with the Gosh! Saag Aloo bites and some chopped fresh coriander.