Tabbouleh Pasta Salad with Falafels
Bring the flavours of Morocco straight to your table. Red pepper and apricot flavoured falafels sizzled till piping hot. A punchy and vibrant salad of plum tomatoes, rocket, and a bounty of fresh herbs. Dressed with tart and zingy pomegranate molasses. A crackle of nutty sesame seeds to finish.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 20g rocket
- 5g white sesame seeds (Sesame)
- 75g baby plum tomatoes
- 60g brown rice penne
- 100g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Boil a kettle. Heat a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water on high heat. Add the penne and boil for 7-8 mins, until cooked, then drain.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes. Thinly slice the roasted pepper. Roughly chop the coriander and parsley. Zest then quarter the lemon.
- Make the dressing; in a large bowl combine maple syrup, pomegranate molasses, juice from 2 lemon wedges, half the sesame seeds and 1/2 tsp oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add the pasta, roasted pepper, tomatoes, herbs, lemon zest and rocket to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a small frying pan with 1/2 tsp oil on medium-high heat. Add the falafels and reheat for 4-5 mins, turning occasionally, until piping hot.
- Serve the tabbouleh on a plate and top with falafels. Sprinkle over the remaining sesame seeds. Serve with lemon wedges.