Cook time: 15
1 pack of GOSH Spinach and Pine Nut Bites
350g Dried Pasta of your choice.
200g Cherry tomatoes cut in half
150g Bag of spinach leaves
Handful of pine nuts (lightly toasted)
Handful of fresh basil leaves
For the Pesto
2 cups packed fresh basil (large stems removed)
3 Tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
3 large cloves garlic (peeled)
2 Tbsp lemon juice.
3-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast.
1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-6 Tbsp water (plus more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cook the GOSH Pine Nut bites for 15 minutes
- Boil water in a pan and cook pasta according to instructions. While it is cooking prepare the pesto.
- To a food processor or small blender, add the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend/mix on high until a loose paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time (streaming in while the machine is on if possible) and scrape down sides as needed. Then add 1 Tbsp water at a time until the desired consistency is reached – a thick but pourable sauce. Taste and adjust flavour as needed.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked pasta with the Pesto , GOSH Pine nut bites ,cherry tomatoes and spinach . Mix through until the spinach is wilted and season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Serve in a bowl with pine nuts and fresh basil.
Swap the Nutritional yeast for 100g grated Parmesan in the Pesto recipe.
If you’re feeling really decadent add some more grated cheese to finish.