This is a great sharing dish for garden parties, BBQs or any summer celebrations. It’s loaded with gorgeous seasonal veggies and it makes a terrific party spread too, especially when you’re going to be serving folks with a variety of dietary preferences or restrictions. Everybody can tuck in and enjoy some serious plant deliciousness.
Recipe lovingly created by Happy Skin Kitchen
- Between 12-14 Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 6-8 mini sweet peppers
- 6-8 baby courgette (optional, normal courgette would work as well)
- 6-8 baby carrots
- 1 cup of olives of your choice (I have used a mix of black and green olives)
- ¼ cup of unsweetened coconut yogurt
- ½ avocado
- 10-12 sweet cherry tomatoes
- 10-12 flaxseeds crackers
- Olive oil for roasting
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs of your choice
For the hummus:
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tahini paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- The juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to electric 200°c/fan oven 180°c/gas mark 4
- Add all hummus ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the baby carrots, baby courgette and mini sweet peppers into a baking tray, and drizzle them with some olive oil, salt, black pepper and a dash or paprika (optional). Give the tray a shake so all the vegetables are coated in oil and bake them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until soft.
- 10 minutes before the vegetables are cooked, place the Gosh! Bites onto baking tray and bake.
- Slice aubergine and courgette into about ½ cm thick slices and place them on a griddle pan. Make sure to preheat the pan for 5 minutes before to get those lovely charred stripes. Grill the veggies onto each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Place them all into a bowl, drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some dried mixed herbs (we have used herbs de provence), salt & pepper to taste.
- To assemble the platter: Cover the plate with the lettuce leaves (a cheese board will work as well). Place the baked bites into one corner, place the hummus and coconut yogurt into a small dipping bowls. Arrange all the veggies on the plate and add the flaxseeds crackers. You can either scatter the olives between the veggies or you can serve them in a small bowls. Serve straight away and enjoy!
Recipe lovingly created by @happyskinkitchen