Veggie Enchiladas using Gosh! Sweetcorn and Quinoa Bites
A plant-based twist on a firm family favourite. Made with Gosh! sweetcorn and quinoa bites, this veggie enchilada is a crowd pleaser.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 2x 400g cans of kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 6 wraps of your choice
- 80g vegan or ordinary cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 packets of Gosh! sweetcorn and quinoa Bites
- 200ml vegan or ordinary crème fraiche
- Rapeseed or sunflower oil
- Fresh coriander, guacamole, salad leaves
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan).
- Heat a glug of oil over a medium heat in a large pan and add the chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped red pepper and cook for another 5 minutes, before adding in the spices.
- Mix in the spices, ensuring the veg is well covered and cook for a further 5 minutes, until you begin to smell the aromas from the spices. Pour in your tins of kidney beans and stir everything together. Season and leave to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the pepper is tender, take your bean mixture off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Lightly grease a large baking pan, big enough to hold the 6 enchiladas. Distribute the mixture evenly across the 6 wraps and sprinkle over a little cheese (saving some for the top).
- Place 2 or 3 Gosh! Sweetcorn and Quinoa bites on top of the bean mixture and roll them up tightly before adding them to the tray.
- Cover the top with the crème fraiche and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the wraps are golden and crispy.
- Serve with plenty of guacamole, coriander and salad leaves, then dig in!