It’s National Vegetarian Week (10th– 16th May) and oh my Gosh! we’ve got a tasty line up for you. We have some great planned activity on our Facebook and Instagram. We’ll be bringing some joy to your meat-free Monday with a simple and tasty burger bowl recipe – the full recipe can be found in our eBook here, but you’ll have the pleasure of seeing it being (de)-constructed on our social channels!
Keep your eyes peeled for tasty giveaways too. We have paired with the perfect brand where you’ll be in the chance of winning goodies for a vegetarian AND gluten free picnic. Our second giveaway is also picnic themed and includes lots of delicious vegan brands. Fingers crossed for some sunshine throughout May.
If that wasn’t enough to get you excited, on Friday we be delivering to you a ‘NACHO average dinner’ in the form of a reel on Instagram. We can confirm that this recipe is super delicious and was eaten in a matter of minutes after the footage was taken.
Bethan’s Top Tips for a Veggie/Vegan Diet
In addition to our lovely social media content, Bethan (@bethantomo on Instagram) has shared with us her five top tips on how to add some creativity to a vegan or veggie diet.
1. Get creative with these staple ingredients.
Vegan cooking doesn’t need to mean complicated ingredients. You can be as simple or creative as you like. Keeping these five staples nearby makes meals so easy, but super also tasty!
- Nutritional yeast – these little flakes are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They also make meals extra tasty, such as the easy Vegan Carbonara recipe* found in the Gosh! recipe eBook. A cupboard staple you shouldn’t miss because it can last up to two years if stored correctly!
- Quinoa – cook it in some vegetable stock for additional flavour.
- Edamame beans – a great source of protein, so versatile and delicious in so many meals – from ramen to salad bowls. Try roasting them in some oil with a pinch of salt for a crunchy snack!
- Coconut milk – an absolute staple, from dinner to dessert! Have you ever tried coconut milk ice-cream? Sweeten with a little vanilla extract and pop it in the freezer overnight.
- Mustard – not something everyone thinks of, but mustard is packed with goodness and can add so much flavour to a dish. Look out for ones that have simple ingredients and no added sugar. Add to a dressing or stir into mashed potato – you’ll find this in the Bangers and Mash recipe*.
2. Easy Condiments can elevate your meals!
Hummus, tzatziki, tahini, tomato salsa… adding a condiment can be a complete game changer!
Why not try making your own simple tzatziki? All you need to make a delicious plant-based version is plant-based yoghurt, cucumber, mint, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
Perfect for a yummy salad or in the Middle Eastern Wrap recipe*.
3. Get creative with salads!
Salads are healthy, versatile and super easy to make, and they don’t have to be boring!
Adding some roasted vegetables, beans or seeds can totally transform your dish by incorporating different textures as well as flavours. Think layers. Gosh!’s Taste the Rainbow recipe* is topped with toasted pumpkin seeds for added crunch.
You could even try adding some roasted chickpeas or balsamic glazed Brussel sprouts to a salad. The options are endless!
4. Don’t rule out your traditional favourites!
Eating veggie or plant-based can sometimes seem a little daunting. There is a misconception that you can’t enjoy some of your favourite traditional meals. Don’t worry though, there are plenty of recipes that Gosh! share on their website, social media and in the Gosh! Goodness Bowls recipe eBook.
5. Grab some tasty Gosh!
From bites to burgers and sausages, Gosh! has you covered for so many delicious meals. Paired with the 5 simple staples I mentioned you can make yourself a very delicious and very all-round healthy meal!
Gosh! even has you covered for mid meal snacking with Snack Bites!
*all recipes can be found in the Gosh! recipe eBook. Recipes created by @bethantomo for Gosh!