Serves 2-3 people
For the parsnip mash:
2 tbsp of unsweetened soy or cashew milk
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (this is optional but adds a nice cheesy flavour)
Plenty of salt and black pepper to season
For the roasted veggies:
1/2 of a butternut squash
2 beetroots (you could use carrots, sweet potatoes or celeriac)
1 tbsp of olive oil
A handful of dried or fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pack of Gosh! Veggie Sausages
- Start by roasting the veggies; chop the butternut squash into cubes and discard the seeds (no need to peel it!). Scrub the beetroot well and chop them into small chunks. Toss them on a roasting tray with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and add in the garlic cloves with the skin on. Roast the vegetables in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes until soft.
- Peel the parsnips and cut them into chunks. Steam or boil the parsnips for 20-25 minutes until very soft when pierced with a fork.
- Transfer the parsnips to a food processor (or you could use a hand blender or a potato masher) and add the soy milk, nutritional yeast (optional) salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- 10 minutes before the roasted veggies are ready, place the Gosh! sausages in the oven as well.
- Serve the parsnip puree topped with the roasted veggies and the Gosh! veggie sausages.