Mezze Plate with Hummus & Falafel
Mindful Chef have created this super speedy mezze-style dish that’s ready in a hurry! Think red pepper and apricot falafel, apricot harissa cannellini bean hummus and roasted kale quinoa. All served with crisp cucumber, tomato and parsley salad.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 1 tbsp Belazu apricot harissa paste
- 240g cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 baby cucumber
- 40g kale
- 1 handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 80g quinoa
- 1 tbsp tahini (Sesame)
- 120g baby plum tomatoes
- 200g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 210C / 190C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 500ml lightly salted boiling water. Simmer for 13-14 mins, until cooked, then drain.
- Place the falafel onto a lined baking tray, cook for 5 mins, then add the kale. Drizzle the kale with 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Return to the oven for 4-5 mins, until the falafel are heated through and the kale is starting to crisp.
- While the kale and falafel are cooking, dice the cucumber and cut the tomatoes into quarters. Finely chop the parsley. Put the cucumber, tomatoes and parsley into a small bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Make the hummus; drain the beans and rinse. Mash in a bowl with half the tahini and season with sea salt. Stir the harissa (to taste) through the hummus.
- Make a drizzle mixing the remaining tahini and 1 tbsp water, until it forms a smooth sauce. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir the crispy kale through the quinoa. Serve with the cucumber salad, falafel and hummus. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the top.