Moroccan Falafel with Spinach & Pink Kraut
Ready-to-eat red pepper and apricot falafel make this colourful dish speedy to cook. Just pair with carrot and cucumber ribbons, spinach, yoghurty dip and zingy pink kraut.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 3 x carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g smoked pink kraut
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 shallot
- 80g baby spinach
- 80g coconut yoghurt
- 200g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 210C / fan 190C / gas mark 7. Place the falafel on a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins, until crisp and heated through.
- Peel the carrots, then continue peeling to make ribbons. Peel the cucumber into ribbons, setting aside the seeds in the middle. Slice both the carrot and cucumber ribbons into long, thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one), then add to a mixing bowl. Finely slice the shallot and add to the bowl along with 1 tsp oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper; toss everything together.
- Make the dip; finely chop or crush the garlic. Roughly chop the cucumber seeds. Place both in a bowl with the yoghurt, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the kraut with 1 tsp oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the spinach topped with the carrot and cucumber salad and the falafel. Top with the kraut mix; spoon over the yoghurt dip. Garnish with the paprika.