Looking for a comforting dish packed full of goodness? Try out this spin on a classic with @my_pretty_little_plates’ alternative bangers and mash.
3 cups of water
1 cup of polenta
Cream or butter (vegan and dairy free options available)
Halloumi cheese (vegan and dairy free options available)
Vegetables to roast
Salt, pepper and spices to taste
- Preheat the oven to Electric 200 °C/ Fan oven 180°C / gas mark 6
- Chop chosen veg and drizzle with olive oil in a baking tray. Roast for 10 minutes
- Add Gosh! Sausages to the tray and continue to roast for 12-15 minutes
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Stir the water and gradually add polenta
- Reduce the heat to simmer and stir continuously for 10 minutes until soft. Remove polenta from the heat and add cheese/ cream to taste if using. Season to taste using salt, pepper and spices
- To make the spice beans heat oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until soft. Add the tomatoes, beans and spices, and cook until heated through
- Cut cheese into thick slices and grill for around 3 minutes per side
- Remove the sausages and veg from the oven, and serve.