Looking for a comforting dish packed full of goodness? Try out this spin on a classic with @my_pretty_little_plates’ alternative bangers and mash.
3 cups of water
1 cup of polenta
Cream or butter (vegan and dairy free options available)
Halloumi cheese (vegan and dairy free options available)
Your choice of Gosh! Sausages
Vegetables to roast
Salt, pepper and spices to taste
- Preheat the oven to Electric 200 °C/ Fan oven 180°C / gas mark 6
- Chop chosen veg and drizzle with olive oil in a baking tray. Roast for 10 minutes
- Add Gosh! Sausages to the tray and continue to roast for 12-15 minutes
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Stir the water and gradually add polenta
- Reduce the heat to simmer and stir continuously for 10 minutes until soft. Remove polenta from the heat and add cheese/ cream to taste if using. Season to taste using salt, pepper and spices
- To make the spice beans heat oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until soft. Add the tomatoes, beans and spices, and cook until heated through
- Cut cheese into thick slices and grill for around 3 minutes per side
- Remove the sausages and veg from the oven, and serve.