This salad in a jar is perfect for lunch on the go. Prepare it the night before, ready to grab and go before rushing out the door. Packed full of vibrant veggies and Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa bites, this staple lunch dish is super filling and satisfying. Thanks for the delicious recipe Happy Skin Kitchen.
Makes 1 large jar or 2 small
6-8 Gosh Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites
½ cup of lemony quinoa (see previous recipe)
1 grated carrot
½ cup of shredded purple cabbage
½ cup of cooked sweetcorn
½ cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
A handful of mixed sprouts
For the pink tahini dressing:
2 tablespoons of runny tahini paste
Juice of ½ lemon
1 teaspoon of miso paste
1 tablespoon of beetroot juice
- Preheat oven to 200 °C / fan oven 180 °/ gas mark 4.
- Start by making the dressing: simply mix the tahini paste, lemon juice, miso paste and beetroot juice in a bowl. If the dressing is too thick add splashes of water gradually to reach the desired consistency. Leave the dressing to the side.
- Place Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites on a baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook quinoa until softened.
- To assemble the jar, start by layering the quinoa at the bottom. Add the grated carrot, shredded purple cabbage, sweetcorn, sprouts and cherry tomatoes. Top with the Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites, and drizzle with pink tahini dressing.
If you’re making this dish in advance, keep the dressing in a separate container and pour over when you’re ready to tuck in. Easy, fast food- the way mother nature intended.