Roast Veg Tagine with Falafels & Golden Rice
Get stuck into this roasted vegetable tagine, spiced with fragrant rose harissa and paired with red pepper and apricot falafels. Turmeric-infused brown rice with fresh coriander makes a colourful base.
Get 25% off your first 4x Mindful Chef boxes HERE.
- 8 dried apricots (Sulphites)
- 2 x carrot
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 red onion
- 2 x romano red pepper
- 2 tbsp rose harissa paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 160g brown rice
- 400g Moroccan falafel with red pepper & apricot
- Preheat the oven to 240C / fan 220C / gas mark 9. Boil a kettle. Heat a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water on high heat. Add the turmeric and the rice and boil for 25-30 mins, until cooked, then drain. Return to the saucepan and set aside.
- Roughly chop the onion. Dice the peppers into 2cm squares. Cut the carrots into thin discs. Place on a lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 mins. Halfway through, add the falafels to the tray and continue baking till piping hot.
- Meanwhile, finely chop or crush the garlic. Roughly chop the apricots and coriander. Heat a medium saucepan with 1/2 tbsp oil on medium-high heat. Cook the garlic for 1-2 mins, then add the harissa (to taste) and apricots. Cook for 1 min, then add the chopped tomatoes and 100ml boiling water. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir the roast veg and half the coriander through the tomato sauce. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for 2-3 mins (add a splash of water if it’s too thick). Stir the remaining coriander through the rice. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the tagine with the falafels and turmeric coriander rice.