< Back to recipes
Recipe by: Gem’s Wholesome Kitchen
- 1 packet ready-made puff pastry
- 1 packet Gosh! Veggie Cocktail Sausages
Hidden veggie tomato sauce ingredients:
- 1 sweet potato, washed and chopped
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, washed and chopped
- ½ red pepper
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1x can of chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ bunch of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
- To make the hidden veggie tomato sauce, place all ingredients, apart from the can of chopped tomatoes and fresh basil, in a not stick roasting pan.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, put veggies into a blender with the can of chopped tomatoes and basil, blending until smooth.
- Now, cut your pastry sheet into nine even squares.
- Use a knife to spread the tomato sauce over the squares, leaving a gap around the edges.
- Place two Gosh! Veggie Cocktail Sausages in the middle of each square.
- Roll the sausages up by pinching the opposite edges of the square together until they stick, forming into a small parcel.
- Place on lined baking tray and brush with some milk or a whisked egg.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.