< Back to recipes
This delicious salad can also be served warm in the winter months by omitting the cucumber and popping it in a thermos ready for school lunch. This also works well as a tray bake for supper time – make the salad as suggested, place in a dish, top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs, and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Pasta salad ingredients:
- 160g wholewheat pasta, cooked and drained
- Easy peasy tomato sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 packet of Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into very small pieces
- ¼ cucumber, chopped into very small pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed and chopped into small pieces
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped very finely (about 1 tbsp)
- Grated (optional)
Easy peasy tomato sauce ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped
- 1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. of vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
- Salt and pepper
- A small handful of basil
- To make the tomato sauce simply add the olive oil to a pan and put on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the can of tomatoes, basil, vinegar and salt and pepper, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, blend until smooth. It will keep in an airtight container in fridge for up to 1 week.
- For the pasta salad, place the cooked pasta in a large bowl and mix through with the tomato sauce.
- Add all of the other ingredients, apart from the Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites and mix again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites (I use three per person).