Move over, margherita. We’ve got some new toppings for you to try. Wake up your usual choice with this sensational Veggie Garden Pizza, absolutely covered with tasty vegetable goodness. Thanks for the delicious recipe @HappySkinKitchen.
1 pizza base of your choice
1 Gosh! Veggie Sausage
A handful of chopped red pepper
A handful of rocket
2 chestnut mushrooms –sliced
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
Optional: you can also add vegan cheese
For the tomato sauce:
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 small white onion – finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic – minced
½ cup of fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon of oil for frying
- Start by making the tomato sauce. In the pan add the onion and oil and gently fry for 5-7 minutes until the onion is translucent and golden.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Keep stirring to prevent it from burning.
- Add all the other ingredients, put the lid on and cook on a low heat for 25-30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened up. Give it a taste and add salt & pepper if needed.
- To assemble the pizza, spread a layer of tomato sauce on top of the base, top it with the sliced sausages, mushrooms, peppers and sprinkle nutritional yeast or vegan cheese. Bake the pizza in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Take the pizza out of the oven, sprinkle with rocket and enjoy!